Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Restoring my faith in Humanity

Every once in a while I see something that reminds me of the good in the world. Something comes along that reminds me that maybe, just maybe not everyone should be killed. Today is one of those days.

Since 1973 the American public have never given the Unites States Congress an approval rating lower than 18%, until today. Today the question do you have a "great deal or quite a lot of confidence in Congress" was met with a yes by only 14% if those questioned.

Gallup


Just to put that into perspective for you... Americans hate congress now more than the Demoncrats hated congress when the Repugnacans were in charge... I'll repeat that for those of you that have trouble reading. Americans, all of us, you, me, all of us, have less confidence in the US Congress than the D's did when the R's were running the show. That means that you'll find more people right now at McDonald's that don't trust the House of Representatives than you would have three years ago at a N.O.W. rally hosted by Gloria Steinem.

Ok so maybe I'm comparing two sets of unrelated data and manipulating them for my own purposes. Perhaps my analysis is less "true" than it is pleasing... But, I will say this, the approval ratings across the board have gone down since the mighty D's came in to save the day. Also people really really hate Congress. I mean more than they hate all kinds of other things... I would venture a guess that 'Congressman' is the most hated minority in America. Take that Blacks, Jews and Mexicans... Ha. Perhaps we should have an immigration policy that keeps members of our own government out.

No comments: