Tuesday, January 06, 2009

I Can't Help It

I love watching Democrats do what they always do. I wont deny that my upbringing with the other party leads me to a sick kind of joy when the left buries themselves. It's just a part of how I am. So the fact that the Senate is a disaster of hardly viable new senators is like a little tiny Christmas present for me. On the one hand the D's may very well seat a comedian who won on a tiny court maneuvered majority vote. Or maybe they lose a court case and lost the seat... Who knows. Either way they end up looking stupid. They either lose a seat or they win and they have Stuart Smalley in their midst.

Next they have a relatively qualified, black, Senator from Chicago appointed legally by a sitting governor. If the D's refuse to seat him, they clearly have no respect for the law and the fact that people are innocent in America until they are proven guilty in a court of law. Not to mention the fact that they will be standing in obviously racist opposition to a qualified black Senator. Of course if they do seat him, they are encouraging a man who is obviously corrupt and an indicator of a larger corruption running rampant within the party.

It's kind of sad watching a party eat itself alive before it even gets to work on anything. But then again maybe it's not so sad.

No comments: